6/30/2014

VicRail magazine things

I forgot I had a whole heap of old VicRail magazines lying around. They were called "Rail Ways" and seemed to function as a kind of newsletter/semi-annual report thing. The issues mainly focus on small-scale projects being started/undertaken/completed, with some letters from the public and human interest stories, and a huge page of retirements. You can tell the magazine was published in an era where the railways were still something to be proud of, it's very quaint. I would scan the entire things but alas I do not own a scanner, so have some bad photos of some things that I found interesting.



I first thought the caption said "Auction day crowds think about their birds"

This is so sweet, I can only dream of the day I feel pleased to pay money for a ticket too

Love the old orange motif of the railways, apparently (before my time) trains had burgundy carpet too








No comments:

Post a Comment