10/29/2014

Boring

This is such a nothing post, so sorry in advance, but I was just briefly bemused by the ever-changing boundaries of the Footscray electorate (this nifty map is courtesy of the VEC and I found it while checking my enrolment details). I like how the electorate was first defined by the Newport-Sunshine freight railway, then Kororoit Creek, and now the Western Ring Road. I would speculate on this being symbolic of the value each feature has (as a place-defining/distinguishing characteristic or landmark) but I'm sure the real explanation is a lot less interesting i.e. redistribution in accordance with population change.

Also interesting to see that the electorate once included the escarpment south of RVE. I wonder why they changed it - anticipated development? RVE was meant to include the escarpment (in the original master plans anyway) so maybe they didn't want to forcibly divide the estate in this way?



No comments:

Post a Comment