11/24/2015

Weird things from Google Maps

See post title

Areas with themed street names are cool - this one is in St Albans


A series of square parks in Kealba


Again in Kealba - why the diagonal line


I just thought this was cool. Also Kealba


I'm going to stop clarifying the suburb for now because you can probably guess this one - I like the little island parks here


We used to drive past this linear reserve all the time on our way to Keilor Downs shopping centre and as a child, I really hated it. No reason really


What a cute little teardrop cul-de-sac and its friend, the other cul-de-sac


How weird is that diagonal boundary - I think this in St Albans


So repetitive. Think this is Deer Park now 


This one is definitely Deer Park. Those streets are the perfect shape for an easy three point turn


Go to Taylors Lakes, then cross the Calder, and you will find this


I don't even have to explain this one do I


I think one person subdivided a lot and then everyone else in the street caught on


Can you believe I have spent my whole life shopping at Airport West* and I only just realised it has an entire substation hidden behind it! 

*Actually a true fact. I don't remember when they did their big renovations but I remember a time before it - there was a palm tree and dim lighting and a World 4 Kids store, a glass roof somewhere, dark tiled surfaces maybe? I cried when we went there next and it was all gone. Same goes for when they removed the mini golf course in the basement at Highpoint


Indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment